domenica 30 ottobre 2011

Reflections of an Italian sole


The thing that I appreciate mostly in my observation it was to breath the hippy mood in the commercial area. So looking this "camper" or mobile-house. Very nice mood of life. A bit of easy-going. But I noticed so many vintage shop that mixed with the old-Italian fashion it is something to chaise. 
Speaking with the people inside the shop, they explained me that the Italian community has moved now on the next district of Burnaby. In fact as I mentioned I noticed in commercial drive something that has been but with a touch of old-style. So the primarily reason it is because the properties are larger and probably mostly of the Italian settled in Vancouver prefer to have a big house rather than small apartment.So for now the Commercial drive it is shifting in a Hippy, very nice, funny area that I enjoyed and appreciate a lot. With all this good smell of Kebab from the Greek restaurant around that are strongly recognizable from outside. I love them!!

I just want to let you now with this photo that I like very much. It was a window in a shop.. "Reflections of an Italian sole". It is so true!! Many times also in the movie when actors are in reflection the camera is on the shoes. Because foot is as a reflection of the body int ere. I found this picture so reflective about the relation between sole-insulate-shoes. The fashion of Italian is often measured with our culture. The reflection of the Italian sole remembered me the connection between a window and a travel inside our-self.

1 commento:

  1. Erica,

    you made some great observations and you seem to really be interacting with Commercial Drive. Keep up the work; it's interesting for me to see how an person from Italy is engaging in a small Italian community in Vancouver.

    Keep up the good work.

    Terry

    RispondiElimina